The Classics Club got another challenge it's called "The Classics Spin" - the idea is to tackle our-fear on several readings that had been on the pile too long, and this is just for fun but also can be another 'excuses' or I can said it as the kick-off to remind our self on our progress in reading challenge. How about the rules ? It's quite simple, just follow this instruction below : [ or you can check on the main post in HERE ]
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by April 1, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
So here is my Book Spin List from The Classics Club Project :
- The Adventures of Hucklebery Finn - Mark Twain *
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - Agatha Christie *
- Around The World in Eighty Days - Jules Verne *
- Terre des Homme - Antoine de Saint-Exupery **
- The Wind In The Willows - Kenneth Grahame **
- The Phantom of The Opera - Gaston Leroux ****
- The Huncback of Notre Dame - Victor Hugo ***
- Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett **
- The Three Musketree - Alexander Dumas *
- The Diary of A Young Girl - Anne Frank ***
- Lord of The Flies - William Golding ****
- The Kreutzer Sonata - Leo Tolstoy **
- The Story Girl - L.M. Montgomery *
- Gulliver's Travels - Jonathan Swift **** [ the Classics Spin choice ]
- Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe ****
- Nobody's Boy - Hector Malot ***
- Therese Raquin - Emile Zola ***
- Black Beauty - Anne Sewell **
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte ****
- Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie ***
* : favorite authors / free choice
** : really want to read it ; it's already on my schedule this year.
*** : never try read books by this author, so it's my first attempt to read it.
**** : It's been awaiting so long in my list, don't know why I'm hesitant / a little-bit scare to start reading it.
Now, I have to wait for the next Monday to find-out what's gonna be my next reading project ....whohoho, between excited and a little-bit scary too (^_^)