WELCOME

For everyone who love classical stories
from many centuries until millenium
with some great story-teller around the world
these is just some compilation of epic-stories
that I've read and loved so many times
... an everlasting stories and memories ...

Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

FINAL CONCLUSION : JULIUS CAESAR



FINAL CONCLUSION : JULIUS CAESAR
Well no wonder this plays called tragedy, because at end, everybody dies, some killed by the opponent, but most of their leader commited suicide, it was the honorable choice rather than being capture and taken as a prisoner.

I know that history noted Julius Caesar as the hero and the most inspire leader who conquer and makes Rome as the absolute goverment. But through Shakespeare ‘eyes’ and his intrepretation, this person describe as a ego-mania and hunger for power. It’s also describe most of the member in Capitol. So I think this plays not meant to praise the greatness and powerful Roman Empire, but instead he ask the audience to seek beneath ‘the cover’, sees the uglyness, jealousy, greedy, the unstable emotion and mind of people who suppose to be the perfect example as a leader. 

The Act of killing who really brutal, follow by the war, killing each others, mostly among friends and relatives, then closing with suicide ... what a perfect drama !!! I think inside every human being there is some part who really like the action that can rise adrenalin, or just the opposite, become sick of those violence act. For me, this stories got really interesting, because Shakespeare can show many ‘faces’ about something so negative and violence, yet can be entertaining too ... I know !!! It’s crazy isn’t ?? I wonder if I can peek inside His mind, what could become source of all His crazy idea (^_^)

Notes : I finished reading it, with really-really extra time, because first I don’t like plays, second I cannot understand half of this conversation, thank good there is guidance and help tutorial for newbie like me. So I combine between reading the book and gets some help from http://sparknotes.com/ 

If you want to know all the plays, here is link to my preview on Julius Caesar :
Julius Caesar : Act 1    
Julius Caesar : Act 2
Julius Caesar : Act 3
Julius Caesar : Act 4 -5


Books : JULIUS CÆSAR
By William Shakespeare
Edited by Cedric Watts
© by Wordsworth Classics Editions Limited 1992 and 2004
Cover design by Robert Mathias
Cover Illustration Julius Cæsar (100-44 BC) 
Receiving the Germanic Ambassador, c.1450
By Jean Fouquet ( c. 1420-80 ) [ school of ] Musee Marmottan, Paris, France / Giraudon / Bridġeman Art Library, London

Best Regards, 

1 comment :

  1. I tend to think that it's all because of the Senator's envies. Yes it's true that Caesar wanted to rule Rome dominantly, but who didn't if given the chance? But I think Caesar was a good leader (like Mark Antony stated in his famous oration) and until that time, people did not resist his leadership. Cassius (and his crony) pointed out that there was signs of Caesar's greediness, but it hadn't been proved. So I think that was just the conspirator's excuses to justify their murdering Caesar.

    ReplyDelete