WELCOME

For everyone who love classical stories
from many centuries until millenium
with some great story-teller around the world
these is just some compilation of epic-stories
that I've read and loved so many times
... an everlasting stories and memories ...

Translate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 TBR PILE CHALLENGE [ WRAP-UP POST ]

2013 TBR PILE CHALLENGE
[ WRAP-UP POST ]

2013 is a ‘crazy’ and ‘hectic’ for my reading schedule, starting when I challenge my self to finished-up all my TBR Pile by a year reading progress. Almost 12 RC I follow, and added with 6 others from RC that I personally hosted ... fuihhh !! That why by the end of this year I just overwhelmed by all readings-reviewing and still have to manage and juggling on every spare time I have. Even though I already moody by October and relentless by November, and finally have enough by December, it’s been great year for me. At least I know, how far I can pust my self to handle the tasks (and pressure too ....). So many thanks to our host for this event, Adam from Roof Beam Reader, ‘cause his challenge makes me ‘running-marathon’ for a whole year \(^0^)/


~ Here is my completed list ~
  1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee [ GR ]  
  2. Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery [ GR ]  
  3. The Crucible by Arthur Miller [ GR ]  
  4. Memoirs of A Geisha by Arthur Golden [ GR  
  5. Oliver Twist  by Charles Dickens [ GR ]  
  6. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens [ GR ]  
  7. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens [ e-book ]
  8. A Child's Dream of A Star by Charles Dickens [ e-book 
  9. The Haunted Man & The Ghost's Bargain by Charles Dickens [ e-book ]  
  10. The Company You Keep - Neil Gordon [ GR ]  
  11. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson [ GR 
  12. Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett [ Goodreads | e-book ]  
  13. The Signal Man by Charles Dickens [ e-book ]   
  14. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas [ GR & GR ]  
  15. Medea by Euripides [ e-book ]  
  16. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe [ GR ]  
  17. Therese Raquin by Emile Zola [ GR ]  
  18. The Murders In The Rue Morgue by Edgar Allan Poe [ GR ]   
  19. The Facts In The Case of M. Valdemar by Edgar Allan Poe [ GR & GR ]  
  20. The Gold-Bug by Edgar Allan Poe [ GR ]      
  21. The Purloined Letter by Edgar Allan Poe [ GR ]    
  22. The Remains of The Day - Kazuo Ishiguro [ GR ]    
  23. Night Flight - Antoine de Saint- Exupery [ GR ]    
  24. The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupery [ GR ]  
  25. Terre des Hommes - Antoine de Saint-Exupery [ GR ]    
  26. The Happy Prince & Other Stories - Oscar Wilde [ GR ]      
  27. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde [ GR ]    
  28. The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde [ GR ]   
  29. A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett [ GR ]
  30. Eight Cousins - Louisa May Alcott [ GR ]
  31. Daddy Long-Legs - Jean Webster [ GR ]
  32. Dear Enemy - Jean Webster [ GR ]
  33. Just Patty - Jean Webster [ GR
  34. When Patty Went To College - Jean Webster [ GR ]
  35. Black Beauty - Anna Sewell [ GR ]
  36. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott [ GR ]
  37. Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott [ GR ]
  38. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott [ GR ] 
  39. The Turn of The Screw - Henry James [ GR
  40. Heidi - Johanna Spyri [ GR ]
  41. The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  42. Murder on the Links - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  43. Poirot Investigates - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  44. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  45. The Mystery of the Blue Train - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  46. The Big Four - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  47. Peril At End House - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  48. Lord Edgware Dies - Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  49. The Murder At The Vicarage – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  50. The Thirteen Problems – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  51. The Body In The Library – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  52. The Moving Finger – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  53. A Murder Is Announced – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  54. They Do It With Mirror – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  55. A Pocket Full of Rye – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
  56. 4.50 From Paddington – Agatha Christie [ GR ]
From all the list, it’s also the first time I read Dickens, Poe, Zola, and Wilde, which is surprisely that I enjoy it so much reading their works ... so I decide to read another of their works in 2014. Others works that also my first time reaing it and becoming my favorite all the year is : To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe ... yeah, yeah, you can say it, how come I did not read from earlier, it’s a classic stories !!! Well, first, I’m from country where English are not my native language, and classic books (specially in English) rarely introduce even in the school on very young age. So, here I am, just ‘know’ about ‘classic-literature’ since 2012 (^_^) ... very-very late, but better late than never.
Anyway, for next year, Adam gonna host the same RC, I think I will joining again, but with another method. I will only read selected books that need ‘time’ to digest that just ‘quick-reading’ ... and mostly my choices is classic books. Since I’m also hosting 2014 TBRR Pile Challenge for my fellow Indonesian’s Readers, it’s a perfect combining for my reading schedule in 2014. Ok, that’s a wrapped ... see you again in 2014 with new spirit and enthusiasm to tackle several books (^_^)

Best Regards,

Hobby Buku

No comments :

Post a Comment